Thursday, May 24, 2012

Studio Calico - 35mm Main Kit only Layouts



So, one of the things that I have discovered about myself for successfully scrappin' my new box-o-goodies that arrives on the 13th of the month from the super awesome scrappin' gods of Studio Calico is to
a) be prepared and
b) scrap that night.
Right. Then. and There.

While I am still excited. Also, after I have thoroughly looked at every piece of the kit. Once. Maybe twice. Probably more.

I plan for this.  Firstly, I pin some inspiration and like in the gallery.  I know, cliche, but it's all in one spot. Secondly, I plan to be up late - long after the kidlets have gone to sleep. I set the coffee machine up so that in my zombie state the next morning coffee just makes itself. Thirdly (and probably more important), I clean that craft room up. I put everything away so that I can expertly fumble with my main kit only.

For me this is the best way to get a chunk of that kit glued down because with two under the age of two and a hubby that's only home 6 days a month it's the only way that I can set ink to  paper. And all I had to give up was some sanity the following day.  Like I had any to begin with ;)

On to the layouts.

"Frog Please"


I used leaf zing embossing with the circle stamp and stamped all the rings together.  I liked the distressed look that it gets from being embossed on textured cardstock. Some swipes of Malted Milk JBS Paint Dabber.  I masked a circle at the corner of my paper pile and then misted with pickle and clay. 
I placed a die cut into the masked off circle and finished that corner off with a Marcy Penner badge.

I stamped only the middle circle on to a diecut that I distressed with vintage photo and placed slightly under some of my layered papers.

A little handwritten journaling and c'est fini.

"Cute as a button"
I layered up the two big pieces of paper and then put a medley of triangles cut out of my favourite paper from the kit. I then missed heirloom blue on to my craft mat with some clay and then a puddle of water and then I dragged the Heidi Swapp letters through the mixture in order to mimic the colours in the weathered wood paper. I like the simple one line of journalling along the outside of the LO.

My favourite detail of the LO is the washi tape that I distressed (well and that cute butt). The stark white wouldn't work with the LO but I loved the triangle detail (as it matched the other elements I had created) and the distressing makes it look perfectly old and translucent.



Thanks for stopping by!
K








Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment