Saturday, May 26, 2012

Hero Arts Background Stamp Cards

Hey lovelies!

Today I am going to share a couple of quick cards.  They are super simple but combine my two favourite things - inky fingers and my distress inks. I generally don't put sentiments on my cards until I actually decide who its going to - this is because I don't generally have time to complete a whole card in one go. So, I often stamp out a background and then colour it up. Adhere it to a card base and then let it sit until I need it.  Then maybe the next time I get a few minutes to myself I grab my copics and colour in a butterfly and fussy cut it.

Leaf and Floral Background

Ranger UltraFine embossing powder is my favourite. I prefer to use it and emboss on white paper then to use white embossing powder.  If anyone has a white embossing powder they use that is as awesome let me know 'cause I just haven't found anything to compare to this one!

So - I emboss up my background and then pull three colours to blend with - my fav bit about my distress inks is even though I don't have every colour is that most every colour looks good with one another (the exception to this is Victorian Velvet for some reason). So I pulled three inks and blended 'em up.

 Ignore the fingerprints in the ink - mistakes are the mother of invention ;)
My sentiment will go over that when I need to send a card to someone who needs a sweet little butterfly in their mailbox :)

Large Flower Background

I love to colour this stamp. Especially with my finger. I consider my art more successful the bigger the mess. (Incidentally I also consider a meal tastier the bigger the mess in the kitchen.  Good thing that's usually true otherwise I doubt I could convince my hubby to keep doing dishes. Ha!)
Anyhow - here is the card. 

The thing I discovered while doing this card is that Wild Honey distress ink is absolutely stunning when 'watercoloured'.  Do yourself a favour and pick up this colour. I was surprised at how much I love it. It makes it onto almost everything I do now.

Thanks for stopping by,
K





Instagram

2 comments:

  1. Both beautiful. The second one looks "finished" and so I prefer it... but I think I would prefer the first if it had the sentiment and everything already on! Though I am totally with you about not finishing them in one sitting - and I often leave sentiments off until I decide where they're headed! M x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that the second is more finished... I just don't have a great "thinking about you" or "just saying hi" set...
      Any thoughts?

      Delete