Saturday, May 26, 2012

Bowties are Cool

Bow-ties are Cool

This is my take on the  CAS-ual Fridays: CFC54 - masculine cards using designer paper .


I used my silhouette to cut out the potty man with a bow-tie.  I really wanted to use my new Heidi Swapp bow-ties as well so I stuck one on to make my bow-tie sentiment plural. 

Anybody whose man watches Doctor Who or appreciates Alton Brown from the Food network will like this card :) 

Anywho, I adhered my man to my stripe-y paper. In the negative space left by the bow-tie I placed the bow-tie from another man I cut out at the same time. I only adhered the middle of the bow-tie and then fluffed it up so it gave some dimension.

I used a notebook punch on the graph-y lookin' paper. I then stuck that to my dude and then popped up the whole package on to the wood lookin' paper. I slid on the awesome blue sparkly bow-tie and then stamped the cool (which comes from an AE technique tuesday set).  All the edges of the paper are distressed with vintage photo.

The wood paper is actually adhered at a slight angle but my photography skills just make it look crooked. So to be clear the crooked was intentional - whether it works or not is debatable. 

Thanks for checkin' out my dude.
K :)

This is my first time linking up to this challenge so hopefully I get it right! My apologies if I didn't though!








Instagram

6 comments:

  1. Bow ties ARE cool. But not fez's...or are they? ;D LOVE this card--it's super fabulous! Totally pinning it to my Dr. Who board! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great masculine card, love the bow tie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, the bow tie really suits him (think they should use that all the while for more upmarket toilet facilities ) Lol
    Thanks for joining in the fun at CASual Fridays this week :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the little details, especially the bowtie and paperclip! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab silhouette man with bow tie ;) Love the textured paper and how you added the notebook edge to one panel :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete