Monday, May 21, 2012

Lawn Fawn Card

Lawn Fawn Card - Submission Challenge at Two Peas

I made this card for the Two Peas Lawn Fawn Challenge.

I used Distress Ink to make the blue for the background of the sky paper. I then cut out a cloud scene on my Silhouette and then used the negative to mist Studio Calico Opaque White. I then shifted the mask down a little and used Studio Calico Shine to add some dimension to the clouds.

I used Mister Huey (one shade of blue, one shade of green and then a blue green) to colour the dragon. I misted a puddle of each colour and then put water in the middle of them. I then dragged the colours together to create easy, instant dimension and shading. I paper pieced the castle together and then sat the castle and dragon on top of the clouds from the mask which were also misted with white and shine.

I water coloured the black embossed flowers, leaves and butterfly with distress inks.

I paper pieced the unicorn together from Glitter Ritz that I stamped (technique as seen on Jennifer McGuire's blog).

And then lastly I layered Lawn Fawn green papers and a sizzix die cut of grass.

If you have any questions at all shoot me an email and I'll get back to ya :)

Enjoy!





Instagram

2 comments:

  1. I just got this stamp set...you have used it very well..nice card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I absolutely adore this set :)

      Delete